VUSHF DX is a do-it-yourself site. You write/update a message and publish it without delay.
You are free to post a message even if you not involved in the event yourself. Log in to post a message.
SM6/OZ2M - Spring time in Sweden
One day operation from the ESR AGM and next to the Grimeton VLF transmitter.
QRG: 70,1375 MHz, +/- 12,5 kHz, and with the possibility of split operation. If Es I may QSY elsewhere due to Es target area. Whatever frequency I am on it is the right one so zero in om me!
MS: Second period. QSOs will only be made with stations complying with the IARU Region 1 MS procedure.
Station: 25 W ERP and 7 el.with 1 dB beamwidth of +/-15 deg.
- Q: Will my chances of working you improve if I don’t read any of the information you post prior to asking you a question? A: No, on the contrary
- Q: Don’t you think it is a good idea that I don’t send the report when I respond to your CQ? A: No
- Q: I have invented my own MS messages don’t you think they improve the communication? A: No, they do not. Use only IARU Region 1 VHF Committee Meteor Scatter procedure messages. Otherwise you slow down things and may even jeopardize the QSO
- Q: I am not on VUSHF DX Most Wanted DX can I have a sked? A: No
- Q: How can I ensure that you have the patience to work me? A: I have a lot of patience for stations on VUSHF DX Most Wanted DX
- Q: How to work you on split? A: Look for me calling e.g. CQ S950. Don’t put your TX on the agreed frequency but the DIFFERENCE between the stated QRG and the agreed QRG I should listen for you. E.g. I say I transmit on 137 but in reality it might be on 137,4. If I call CQ S950 then you should transmit 187 kHz lower even if this is not on 950!
- Q: On meteor scatter when do I know the QSO has been completed? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: When do you start operation? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: When do you stop operation? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: What is your CQ QRG? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: What is your CQ QTF? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: Why do you have such a focused way of operating? Why not go for the more casual and chatting style? A: Focused operation is the only way to work as many stations as possible
- Q: Don’t you think it is to much work for me to turn my antenna to you? A: No, the effort of turning your antenna can hardly be bigger than making a DX-pedition
- Q: Why do you send other reports than 26 it is confusing? A: I send reports that comply with the IARU Region 1 VHF Committee Meteor Scatter procedure on signal and duration reporting
- Q: How can I reduce the number of stations that you work? A: This you can do very effectively on meteor scatter by sending e.g. your locator or calling me without a report even if you have heard me or invent your own non IARU Region 1 VHF Committee Meteor Scatter procedure messages
For direct QSLs please send 15 DKK via paypal12 @ this domain, or enclose 2 EUR with your own QSL to cover return postage. Direct QSLs with insufficient postage will be returned via bureau. But please remember I am a lousy QSLer.
QRV on Shouts
VUSHF DX www.rudius.net/dx