VUSHF DX is a do-it-yourself site. You write/update a message and publish it without delay.
You are free to post a message even if you not involved in the event yourself. Log in to post a message.
|JO69 JP60 JO49
LA/OZ2M - Pre Nordic VHF Meeting DX-pedition
Small 1,5 day DX-pedition before the Nordic VHF Meeting.
The intention is to activate JO69 in the morning of 2 June and JP60 in the afternoon. Then JO49 in the morning of 3 June. So all who are on VUSHF DX Most Wanted DX should have a fair chance. MS QSOs will only be made with stations complying with the IARU Region 1 MS procedure. Based upon the lack of compliance seen in Monaco in December 2010 there will not be that many callers. So there should be more than one hour available per QSO for those on VUSHF DX Most Wanted DX.
QRG: 70,290 MHz, first period.
Rig: 100 W and antenna.
JO69 - red is the focus stations
9A1Z DJ9YE DL3YEE EI7IX EI8IQ G0CHE (5-7) G0DJA G4FUF G8HVY (630>) GW8ASD (GW8IZR) LA4YGA (LA9DFA) OH5LID OK1KT (any) ON4KHG (any) ON4PS (any) (ON5VW) ON7GB (any) OZ1DJJ (4-630) OZ1HUF OZ1JXY (any) OZ2M OZ2OE (12>) OZ3ZW OZ8ZS (any) S51DI (early)
JP60 - red is the focus stations
9A1Z DJ9YE DL3YEE EI7IX G0CHE (17>) G0DJA G4FUF G8HVY (12>) GW8ASD (GW8IZR) LA4YGA (LA9DFA) OH5LID OK1KT (any) ON4KHG (any) ON4PS (any) (ON5VW) ON7GB OZ1DJJ OZ1HUF OZ1JXY (any) OZ2M OZ2OE (12>) OZ3ZW OZ8ZS (any) S51DI (16-18)
JO49 - red is the focus stations
9A1Z DJ9YE EI7IX EI8IQ (4-10) G0CHE G0DJA G4FUF G8HVY GW8ASD (GW8IZR) LA4YGA (LA9DFA) OK1KT (any) OK1TEH (early) OM5KM (ON4KHG) ON7GB OZ1DJJ (4-630) OZ1HUF OZ2M OZ2OE (12>) (OZ8ZS) S51DI (early)
- Q: Will my chances of working you improve if I don’t read any of the information you post prior to asking you a question? A: No, on the contrary
- Q: Don’t you think it is a good idea that I don’t send the report when I respond to your CQ? A: No
- Q: I have invented my own MS messages don’t you think they improve the communication? A: No, they do not. Use only IARU Region 1 VHF Committee Meteor Scatter procedure messages. Otherwise you slow down things and may even jeopardize the QSO
- Q: I am not on VUSHF DX Most Wanted DX can I have a sked? A: No
- Q: How can I ensure that you have the patience to work me? A: I have a lot of patience for stations on VUSHF DX Most Wanted DX
- Q: How to work you on split? A: Look for me calling e.g. CQ S950. Don’t put your TX on the agreed frequency but the DIFFERENCE between the stated QRG and the agreed QRG I should listen for you. E.g. I say I transmit on 290 but in reality it might be on 290,4. If I call CQ S950 then you should transmit 340 kHz lower even if this is not on 950!
- Q: On meteor scatter when do I know the QSO has been completed? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: When do you start operation? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: When do you stop operation? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: What is your CQ QRG? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: What is your CQ QTF? A: Check out Shouts
- Q: Why do you have such a focused way of operating? Why not go for the more casual and chatting style? A: Focused operation is the only way to work as many stations as possible
- Q: Don’t you think it is to much work for me to turn my antenna to you? A: No, the effort of turning your antenna can hardly be bigger than making a DX-pediton
- Q: Why do you send other reports than 26 it is confusing? A: We send reports that comply with the IARU Region 1 VHF Committee Meteor Scatter procedure on signal and duration reporting
For direct QSLs please enclose 2 EUR to cover return postage. Alternatively 1 IRC, however, IRCs are not preferred. Direct QSLs with insufficient postage will be returned via bureau.
QRV on Shouts
VUSHF DX www.rudius.net/dx